When you first see Sintra in photographs online you usually stop and wonder, is this place actually real?
oWith a fairytale palace atop a hill, surrounded by dense woodland, it seems like a place set in a storybook. One of the most important and most visited places in Portugal here we share with you some interesting facts about Sintra, this most mystical of places!
2. For the best views over the Sintra mountain, you should head to the Moorish Castle. With many up hill climbs be sure to pack your walking shoes.
3. Sintra is positioned close to the ocean, with its own micro climate and can be spectacularly misty and humid, adding to its mystical vibe!
4. Once a summer home to Portuguese monarchs and aristocracy you can still see many of their grand palaces and houses, nestled amongst the hills.
5. With so much history and heritage, Sintra even dates back to Paleolithic era!
6. Known for its vast woodland, Sintra also boasts many beautiful beaches and the most westerly point of Europe, Cabo da Roca.
7. Down in Sintra Village be sure to try the Travesseiros pastry from Piriquita pastry shop and Queijadas.
8. The great Lord Byron once described Sintra as a “glorious Eden”m
Enjoyed `Interesting facts about Sintra?´ Let us take you there!