You will need the following ingredients for our Pasteis de Nata recipe:
1 large egg
2 large egg yolks
115 grams golden caster sugar
2 tablespoons cornflour
400 milliliters full fat milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
1. Lightly grease a 12 place baking tin and pre-heat oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6.
2. Put egg, yolks, sugar & cornflour in a pan and mix well together then gradually add the milk until mixture is well mixed and smooth.
3. Place pan on medium heat and stir constantly until mixture thickens and comes to the boil. Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
4. Put custard in a glass bowl to cool and cover with cling film.
5. Cut pastry sheet into two pieces and place on top of each other. Roll pastry tightly into a log and cut the log into 12 even sized rounds.
6. On a lightly floured board, roll each round into a disc (approx. 10 centimeters) and press the pastry discs into the muffin tin.
7. Spoon in the cooled custard and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden on top.
8. Eat warm with sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top! Magic!
Why Portugal and why us?
If you are thinking of coming to Portugal for vacation, then we hope Classic Portugal will be your choice of tour company. If you are still wondering whether to plan a trip we wish to share just a few of the things we love about Portugal…
Beaches in Portugal are some of the best in Europe. Explore stunning Arrabida, the serenity of Comporta or go see the big waves of Nazare. Sightseeing in Portugal could not be better. Enjoy cultural guided tours to the Sintra moorish castle, grand monuments of Lisbon and the megaliths of Evora, in beautiful Alentejo. We offer bespoke tours all over the country including Aveiro, Monsaraz and Coimbra in Portugal. Just tell us where you want to go and we will create your perfect tour.
As a leading Portugal tour guide, our number one priority is customer service. There are many places to visit from Lisbon. Our cultural premiere tours include certified tour guides who will enter all monuments with you. Learn the history and culture of Portugal and impress your friends back home!