Be seduced by the nature and serenity of Comporta. This unspoilt region boasts endless beaches, wild sand dunes, scattered cork trees and rice fields. Work in traditional ways still flourishes here, with local rice farmers, fisherman and salt makers. The coastal area is where the celebrities come to vacation, due to its endless beach and privacy. Join us on this new, one day ´Wild Portugal´ tour and explore this unique, untouched location: a must-see whilst it is still relatively unknown.
- – Enjoy a day in the nature and the wild, in this unspoilt region
- – Experience an unforgettable horse ride along the beach
- – Relax along beautiful, uncrowded beaches with golden sand and calm water
- – Admire the mountains of natural park Arrabida and Setubal from Troia Marina
- – Uncover Portuguese history at the picturesque, riverside village of Alcacar do Sal
- Handpicked Itinerary of Wild Portugal Comporta
- Tour Duration: 09.00 – 18.00
Carrasqueira – Built in the 1950-60s, this pier on stilts is locally considered a work of art. Looking somewhat rickety and fragile, the 100m long construction was built by fisherman to access their boats at low tide. It is one of the regions most popular sites. Enjoy this unique location with beautiful views over the nature of the Sado Estuary.
Beach Horse Ride – Experience an unforgettable horse ride through the rice fields, over the sand dunes and along the beach. Accompanied by experienced guides from our partners , you will ride one of their mild-mannered, patient horses – perfect for those with little or no horse riding experience. Housed in a beautiful ranch-like modern building it is truly a piece of paradise.
Beaches: Praia da Comporta, Praia Bico das Lulas & Praia Troia Mar – Admire 18km of empty, wild beach with calm waters and golden sands. Extending towards the horizon the view is wonderful, with the mountains of Arrabida in one direction and endless beach to the other. Enjoy lunch at one of the excellent seafood restaurants before the water.
Marina de Troia – Overlooking one of the worlds most beautiful bays, the Bay of Setubal, and known for its bottlenose dolphins, here you can rent a boat for a trip around the bay, or relax at one of the Marina cafes and enjoy the view.
Comporta Village – Stylish but laidback, Comporta Village has many boutique shops, concept stores and cafes and has been called the Hamptons of Western Europe by the international media!
Alcacar do Sal – Positioned on a gentle slope leading up from the river bank, this beautiful village traces its history back to the Neolithic period. With a strong military history the town has many alleys all leading up to the castle. On your way you will pass many churches, including the Church of Santa Maria do Castelo and the Chapel of Senhor dos Martires.
- – Private driver/guide
- – Private vehicle with water, wifi and air-conditioning
- – Hotel pick up and drop off
- ‘- Horse ride experience on the beach
- – Live commentary on board
- – Free time to explore at each location
- – Tour available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- – Public liability insurance
- – Lunch is not included
- Personalise This Tour
- You may wish to adapt this itinerary. Just let us know which
- place you wish to see and we will add it to your day.
- We want to create your perfect tour.
- Classic Portugal´s Covid 19 Protocol
- We will continue to implement preventative measures to protect your health and safety. These include sanitising the cars and minivans in-between tours, our drivers wearing masks, alcohol hand gel available for your use, tour itinerary adapted to visit monuments at quieter times. Full details can be found on our home page.
- All of our tours are private and we have a new programme of Wild Portugal tours in nature and rural areas, to maintain social distancing.