Unique Experience, 4 nights accommodation in partnership with The Magnet Projects.
Our unique surf retreat has been designed to give you a local, authentic, Portuguese surf experience. The retreat takes place just south of Lisbon, at the Portuguese beach town of Costa da Caparica. Here you will experience daily professional surf instruction and comfortable accommodation in a newly renovated Portuguese summer house. The area is known for its beautiful nature and scenery and fresh local fish and wines.
- Located in Costa da Caparica; the closest surf town to the Portuguese capital, Lisbon, is the neighbourhood of Santo Antonio da Caparica where the guesthouse is situated. Here you will escape the tourist crowds of the centre of Caparica, but still be only a ten minute walk from the ocean.
The guesthouse offers accommodation for up to 12 guests. There are private/double and shared rooms (4p. max) available. The house also holds a shared bathroom, two toilets, kitchen and living room. Your daily breakfast will be served in the large, cosy kitchen which is also free for you to use during the day and in the evening. There is also a shared patio area, great for relaxing after a day of surfing and where you can play a round of darts or have a nice BBQ.
- Surf Lessons
- Your surf lessons with take place on the safe, sandy beaches of Costa da Caparica. According to your level, the swell size and the conditions we do sometimes check out other surf spots. This exceptional beach is Europe’s longest continuous sandy shoreline and as its facing the powerful Atlantic, is a paradise for surfers. The waves are suitable for all levels and is considered the most consistent zone for Lisbon surfers.
All lessons are included in the package, with use of surf equipment (wetsuit, surfboard, leash and wax) available outside of the lessons. All beginners will use soft boards from the local Portuguese brand, Deeply. These boards are a great, safe way to learn to surf. Each surf lesson with have a maximum of 4 students per teacher.
Available surf lessons are for beginners, intermediates and advanced surfers. No matter what your level is, with the help of experienced instructors you will be able to improve you skills and technique. The surf instructors speak English, German, Hungarian, Dutch, French, Spanish and Portuguese!
- Costa da Caparica
- Costa da Caparica is well positioned for quick access to Lisbon, situated around 20km south of the river. It is a lively, up and coming town that is popular with the Portuguese, but not well known with foreign tourists. The town centre has a decent selection of cafes and local restaurants, offering fresh food, especially fish, at a great price. There is also a pleasant promenade with some very nice restaurants along the coast where you can walk and check out other surfers and enjoy the beautiful sunsets.
- Your private driver will pick you up from the airport and drive you to the guesthouse. All our vehicles are modern, comfortable and have wifi. Depending on your group size you will travel in a car or minivan. Our drivers speak English, Spanish and Portuguese and are all official, professional drivers. Your return journey to the airport is also included in the package.
- – 4 nights accommodation
- – Bed linen and towels
- – Daily breakfast: small breakfast before surf and big breakfast after surf
- – Unlimited tea and coffee
- – Free wifi
- – Shared patio, living room and kitchen areas
- – x3 2 hour surf lessons
- -Unlimited use of surf equipment (wetsuit, board etc)
- – Private transfers to and from airport with professional driver
- – All taxes and insurance
- Shared room (max 4 persons), 320€
- Private/double room ( 2 persons), 360€
- Optional Extras
- These can all be booked once you have arrived
- – Massage
- – Bike rental
- – Extra surf lessons
- – Day tours to Lisbon, Sintra, Ericeira, Peniche and Nazare