Enjoy the classical, the majestic and the historical on this private day tour of Lisbon. We will show you so much of the beauty and history of Lisbon. A perfect way to get a great overview of one of the world’s longest founded cities! Built on seven hills Lisbon is a truly ancient city, with architecture and influences abundant from the Moors, the Romans and the Portuguese Age of Discovery. You will visit many neighbourhoods and their monuments, churches and more, including Alfama, Baixa/Chiado, Bairro Alto, Principe Real and Belem. See the famous hilltop castle, travel up the Elevador to Largo do Carmo/Convent do Carmo, admire panoramic viewpoints, visit Jeronimos Monastery, Cristo Rei Statue, Discoveries Monument plus much more!
- – Private day tour of Lisbon, 9 hours
- – Portuguese heritage and history, including Castelo Sao Jorge & Jeronimos Monastery
- – Panoramic views and stunning architecture
- – Delicious regional foods and wine, including the famous Pasteis de Nata & Ginjinha
- – Private driver/guide, private vehicle, free water, wifi and air-conditioning
- Handpicked Itinerary
- Tour Duration: 09.00 – 18.00
Alfama – The only area of Lisbon not to be destroyed by the 1755 earthquake, Alfama is the perfect place to put away your map and wander through the narrow alleys and small squares. You will hear Fado coming from the restaurants, see locals hanging out their laundry and all Portuguese food cooking. You really feel as though you have stepped back in time.
Castelo Sao Jorge – Magnificently placed this castle can been seen from almost anywhere in the city. It’s oldest parts date back to the 6th century. Occupied by the Romans, then the Moors, the castle was eventually dedicated to the St George, the Patron Saint of England, to commemorate the Anglo-Portuguese agreement from 1371 (which still exists to this day!)
Miradouro da Senhora do Monte – A lovely viewpoint located in a church yard with amazing views over the city.
Praca do Comercio – A stunning, grandiose plaza located on the Tagus river edge.
Baixa / Chiado – This area is the heart of Lisbon and was entirely rebuilt after the earthquake of 1755. Wide avenues, grand squares and 18th century architecture host many cafes, restaurants, shops and museums. Hotels and nightlife are also all around. Another area perfect for wandering.
Elevador Santa Justa – Technically part of the public transport service in Lisbon the Elevador is a must-see for the most amazing views across the city. It as built in the 19th century to connect downtown with Largo de Carmo.
Largo de Carmo – A beautiful tree-lined square with gothic ruins of the Convento do Carmo.
Senhora do Monte – The viewpoint of Sao Pedro de Alcantara, which has views over the water from a lovely, shaded garden.
Botanical Garden – Part of the National Museum of Science and History these lovely gardens are home to species from all over the world and even endangered species.
Belem – To the west of Lisbon lays the waterfront district of Belem. It is from this river bank that Portuguese explorers set sail over many years. Admire the Discoveries Monument and walk along the river to Torre de Belem and taste the delicious Portuguese pastry, Pasteis de Nata, from the world-famous shop, Pasteis de Belem. There is also the option here to visit one of the many museums: the Coaches Museum, Electricity Museum/MAAT, Maritime Museum to name a few!
Jeronimos Monastery – Admire this 500 year old stunning monastery; the most impressive symbol or Portugal’s power and wealth during the Age of Discovery
Christ the Redeemer Statue – We end the tour at this amazing monument, with fantastic views over Lisbon.
- – Private driver/guide
- – Private vehicle, water, wifi and air-conditioning
- – Hotel pick up and drop off
- – Live commentary on board
- – Free time to explore at each location
- – One free minor per two paying adults
- – Tour available in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- – Public liability insurance
- – Entry tickets are not included
- – Lunch is not included
- Personalise This Tour
- You may wish to adapt the tour itinerary above to suit you. If there is some place specific you wish to see which is not listed just let us know! We want to create your perfect tour and we provide you with a detailed itinerary of the day.
- Classic Portugal´s Covid 19 Protocol
- We will continue to implement preventative measures to protect your health and safety. These include sanitising the cars and minivans in-between tours, our drivers wearing masks, alcohol hand gel available for your use, tour itinerary adapted to visit monuments at quieter times. Full details can be found on our home page.
- All of our tours are private and we have a new programme of Wild Portugal tours in nature and rural areas, to maintain social distancing.
- You May Also Like