Discover the medieval village of Obidos, stunning Alcobaca Monastery and surfing hotspot, Nazare, all in one day on our Óbidos Alcobaça & Nazaré Tour. Obidos is a place of ancient legends and miracles. Enter through the walls of the most romantic village in Portugal and experience some of what it was like to live in medieval times. Next we visit the spellbinding, gothic Monastery of Alcobaça where you will learn of some gripping stories! Nazare is well known for its big wave surfing. But this pretty fishing town also boasts golden sands, cobbled streets and traditional fisherman’s houses. Taste fresh fish specialities such as grilled sardines and caldeirada (fish stew).
- – Sightseeing Tour, 9 hours
- – Charming and unique medieval village, Obidos
- – Taste delicious local wine, Ginja
- – Spellbinding, gothic monastery of Alcobaca
- – Fishing village known for its big wave surfing, Nazare
- Handpicked Itinerary of Óbidos Alcobaça & Nazaré Tour
- Tour Duration: 09.00 – 18.00
- Obidos Village – There is so much to see here in Portugal’s most romantic village! Highlights include the unique main gateway into the town, whitewashed houses covered in flowers and decorative tiles, walk the battlements for some great views, visit the 11th century castle and a medieval church, wander through quaint streets, lined with gift shops and restaurants.
Monastery of Alcobaça – Gothic, impressive and spellbinding. We stop here on our way to Nazare as its too good to miss!
Avenida da Republica & Nazare Beach – A beautiful promenade alongside a wide bay of golden sands. Once a productive fishing town with cobbled streets and quaint buildings, you will still see many fishing traditions including the wives of fisherman in traditional dress.
Elevador da Nazare – This century-old mode of public transport connects the centre of Nazare to the village, Sitio, on top of the hill. As you can imagine the views are amazing!
Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Nazare – This beautiful church holds the famous famous wooden carving of the Madonna breastfeeding the baby Jesus.
Nazare Lighthouse – Stand in the spot most famous for seeing Nazare’s Big Wave! Big Wave Season is October to March so be sure to book your tour during these months if you want to see world class surfing and this huge wave. And be sure to check out the cool surf museum inside.
- – Private driver/guide
- – Private vehicle, water wifi and air-conditioning
- – Hotel pick up and drop off
- – Live commentary
- – Free time to explore at each location
- – One free minor per two paying adults
- – Tour available in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- – Public liability insurance
– Entry tickets are not included
– Lunch is not included
- Personalise This Tour
- You may wish to adapt the tour highlights above to suit you. If there is some place specific you wish to see which is not listed just let us know. We want to create your perfect tour!
- Classic Portugal´s Covid 19 Protocol
- We will continue to implement preventative measures to protect your health and safety. These include sanitising the cars and minivans in-between tours, our drivers wearing masks, alcohol hand gel available for your use, tour itinerary adapted to visit monuments at quieter times. Full details can be found on our home page.
- All of our tours are private and we have a new programme of Wild Portugal tours in nature and rural areas, to maintain social distancing.