Discover the medieval village of Obidos, stunning Alcobaca Monastery and surfing hotspot, Nazare – all in one day!
Obidos is a place of ancient legends and miracles. Enter through the walls of the most romantic village in Portugal and experience some of what it was like to live in medieval times. Next we visit the spellbinding, gothic Monastery of Alcobaça where you will learn of some gripping stories! Nazare is well known for its big wave surfing. But this pretty fishing town also boasts golden sands, cobbled streets and traditional fisherman’s houses. Taste fresh fish specialities such as grilled sardines and caldeirada (fish stew).
- – Sightseeing Tour, 9 hours
- – Charming and unique medieval village, Obidos
- – Taste delicious local wine, Ginja
- – Spellbinding, gothic monastery of Alcobaca
- – Fishing village known for its big wave surfing, Nazare
- Our Promise To You
- We always pick you up and return you to your hotel, airport or cruise ship in the Lisbon area. All of our cars and minivans are modern and comfortable. We offer luxury vehicles on request and all our drivers speak English, French, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Handpicked Itinerary
- Tour Duration: 09.00 – 18.00
- Obidos Village – There is so much to see here in Portugal’s most romantic village! Highlights include:
- – the unique main gateway into the town
- – whitewashed houses covered in flowers and decorative tiles
- – walk the battlements for some great views
- – the 11th century castle
- – medieval churches
- – bustling thoroughfare, lined with gift shops and restaurants
Monastery of Alcobaça – Gothic, impressive and spellbinding. We stop here on our way to Nazare as its too good to miss!
Avenida da Republica & Nazare Beach – A beautiful promenade alongside a wide bay of golden sands. Once a productive fishing town with cobbled streets and quaint buildings, you will still see many fishing traditions including the wives of fisherman in traditional dress.
Elevador da Nazare – This century-old mode of public transport connects the centre of Nazare to the village, Sitio, on top of the hill. As you can imagine the views are amazing!
Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Nazare – This beautiful church holds the famous famous wooden carving of the Madonna breastfeeding the baby Jesus.
Nazare Lighthouse – Stand in the spot most famous for seeing Nazare’s Big Wave! Big Wave Season is October to March so be sure to book your tour during these months if you want to see world class surfing and this huge wave. And be sure to check out the cool surf museum inside.
- Personalise This Tour
- You may wish to adapt the tour highlights above to suit you. If there is some place specific you wish to see which is not listed just let us know. We want to create your perfect tour!
- – Private driver/guide
- – Private vehicle, water wifi and air-conditioning
- – Hotel pick up and drop off
- – Live commentary
- – Free time to explore at each location
- – Personal and accident insurance
- – Tour available in English, Spanish and Portuguese. French available on request
– Entry tickets are not included
– Lunch is not included
You May Also Like