Over the centuries many royal palaces and noble mansions were built in Lisbon. On this one day tour you will step back in time and visit four beautiful former royal residences and their breathtaking, landscaped gardens: National Palace of Ajuda, National Palace and Gardens of Queluz, Palacio Marqueses de Fronteira and Pena Palace & Gardens. Discover the history and the art, and enjoy the rare flowers and plants.
- – Visit four beautiful, former royal residences and gardens
- – Wander through gardens of rare, exotic flowers and plants
- – Enjoy a guided tour of Palácio dos Marqueses de Fronteira
- – Uncover Portuguese history and art: tile collections, exotic buildings, rococo design and more!
- – Private driver/guide, water, wifi and air-conditioning
Please note, this tour does not operate on Sundays and Wednesdays due to palace closure
- Our Promise To You
- We always pick you up and return you to your hotel, airport or cruise ship in the Lisbon area. All of our cars and minivans are modern and comfortable and our driver/guides speak English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Handpicked Itinerary of Lisbon’s Palaces and Gardens Tour
- Tour Duration: 09.00 – 18.00
Eduardo VIII Park – We begin the day at the stunning Eduardo VII Park, the largest garden-park in Lisbon with a beautiful central lane leading down to Lisbon and amazing views of the Tagus River. Palacio Marqueses de Fronteira – Next you will enjoy a guided tour at the beautiful Palacio Marqueses de Fronteira, renowned for its collection of Portuguese and Dutch tiles and a garden full of mythological figures.
National Palace of Ajuda – Then it’s onto the Palacio Nacional da Ajuda, a palace which was never formerly finished due to the royal family’s exile in Brazil. Here you will find a fabulous collection of decorative arts.
National Palace and Gardens of Queluz – After lunch our final visit is to the impressive Palácio Nacional e Jardins de Queluz, a fascinating palace and the official royal residence during the 18th century with architectural influences ranging from baroque to rococo to neoclassicism.
Palácio da Pena – This fairytale castle sits on top of the highest mountain in Sintra and boasts unique architecture with gothic, Egyptian and Moorish influences. Wander through the unique grounds and admire the exotic plants and trees, plus experience the spooky, forested walkways!
- – Private driver/guide
- – Private vehicle with water, wifi and air-conditioning
- – Hotel pick up and drop off
- – Live commentary on board
- – Free time to explore at each location
- – Tour available in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- – One free minor per two paying adults
- – Public liability insurance
- – Entry tickets are not included
- – Lunch is not included
- Personalise This Tour
- You may wish to adapt this itinerary. Just let us know which place you wish to see and we will add it to your day. We want to create your perfect tour.
You May Also Like