- Escape the city for a day and enjoy some nature on our Kids Caves and Dinosaurs Tour, perfect for kids – and adults too!
Discover the authentic Central Portugal location of Serra da Aire and Candeeiros Natural Park as we travel through this stunning region. Admire the amazing landscapes, discover the beautiful and complex cave formations, follow real dinosaur footprints and cool off in the very fun Aquapark at the end of the day.
- – Unique experience in nature, 9 hours
- – Protected natural park with amazing nature and scenery
- – Magical, beautiful caves with guided tour
- – See real dinosaur footprints and follow their tracks
- – Fun at the Aqua Park, with swimming pools and slides
- – All entry tickets included
Please note, this tour does not operate on Mondays due to dinosaur park closure and the Aqua Park is only open during August and September.
- Our Promise To You
- We always pick you up and return you to your hotel, airport or cruise ship in the Lisbon area. All of our cars and minivans are modern and comfortable. We offer luxury vehicles on request and all our drivers speak English, Portuguese and Spanish. Child safety seats are provided, but clients are asked to bring their own baby car seats for infants.
- Handpicked Itinerary of Kids Caves and Dinosaurs Tour
- Tour Duration: 09.00 – 18.00
- Serra Da Aire and Candeeiros Natural Park – We will drive you through this stunning region, part of the Estremenho Limestone Massif and popular with speleologists due to its vast rock formations and caves. A natural habitat for hundreds of different species, including 18 species of bat! Look out for the ‘choucos’ – small stone walls used to divide properties and gather cattle and typical in this region – and the small huts built by shepherds to protect themselves from bad weather.
Natural Monument of the Footprints of Dinosaurs of Serra de Aire – Situated in an old quarry you will discover the many Sauropod dinosaur footprints of the mid Jurassic period around 175 million years ago. Walk among the different tracks and follow in the footsteps of real dinosaurs. These tracks are some of the largest and clearest in the world.
Mira de Aire Caves – The largest caves in Portugal, these caves are officially one of the 7 natural wonders of Portugal. The caves total length is over 11,500 metres, but the visiting area is around 600 metres and has over 3,000 lamps. Uniquely beautiful you will see limestone rock, crystals, stalactites, small lakes and luminous waterfalls.
Aqua Park – Have fun and refresh yourself at this outdoor swimming pool with slides. A perfect way to end the day!
- Personalise Your Tour
- You may wish to adapt the tour itinerary above to suit you. If there is some place specific you wish to see which is not listed just let us know! We want to create your perfect tour.
- – Private driver/guide
- – Private vehicle with water, wifi and air-conditioning
- – One free minor per two paying adults
- – Hotel pick up and drop off
- – Live commentary on board
- – Free time to explore at each location
- – All entry tickets are included
- – Tour available in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- – Public liability insurance
- – Lunch is not included
You May Also Like