Take a trip to the heartland of Alentejo on this Evora and Alentejo Tour. Explore the unique city of Evora, a megalithic site, uncover organic olive oil and cork all whilst meeting the locals in rural Alentejo! With quaint, cobbled streets and picturesque buildings, Evora is delightful to walk around and has many historical and unique sites. Close by is Almendres Cromlech, a megalithic settlement we will share with you. Next you will enjoy a visit to an organic olive oil grove with a specialised tour by Joao the owner and an olive oil tasting session: Finally you will end your day at a fantastic, local working Cork Factory, where you will enjoy a guided tour with David the owner.
- – Evora city; a UNESCO World Heritage site, steeped in history
- – Megalithic settlement, Almendres Cromlech, set in beautiful countryside
- – Visit a stunning organic olive oil grove.
- – Discover the craft of cork at a large cork factory
- – Private driver/guide for your group only
- Handpicked Itinerary of Evora and Alentejo Tour
- Tour Duration: 09.00 – 19.00
- Evora Cathedral – Founded in the early 12th century this is the largest medieval cathedral in the country.
Roman Templo de Diana – This temple is a symbol of the Roman occupation of Portugal. It was erected in the first century AD in honour of Diana, the Roman goddess of hunting.
OliCapela dos Ossos & Sao Francisco Church – This intriguing chapel has walls covered in bones and human skulls – a passage to Heaven of Hell – built by a Franciscan monk in the 16th century.
Almendres Cromlech Megathlic Settlement – Get fascinated with pre-history! This is the biggest megalithic monument in the Iberian Peninsula. Everybody has heard about the grand Stonehenge, in the UK. Well the Almendres monument is 2000 years older! It was built about 7000 years ago and is a quiet and beautiful site.
Olive Grove – Set in wonderful countryside this olive oil grove and estate is a wonder to visit. Here you will enjoy an olive oil tasting experiences, produced from an organic olive grove planted by the owners grandfather. The olive used of the Galega variety is native from Portugal and from trees aged between 70 and 2000 years old. This is a unique and genuine experience, showing local culture and a way of life, perfect for those who appreciate olive oil, tranquility and nature.
Cork Factory– To end the day you will visit a working cork factory where you will have a guided tour and learn all about cork! Including how the cork is harvested from the tree trunk and expertly crafted into many items.
- – Private driver/guide
- – Private vehicle, water, wifi and air-conditioning
- – Hotel pick and drop off
- – Live commentary
- – Free time to explore at each location
- – One free minor per two paying adults
- – Tour available in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- – Public liability insurance
- – Entry tickets are not included
- – Lunch is not included
- Personalise This Tour
- You may wish to adapt the tour itinerary above to suit you. If there is some place specific you wish to see which is not listed just let us know. We want to create your perfect tour!
- Classic Portugal´s Covid 19 Protocol
- We will continue to implement preventative measures to protect your health and safety. These include sanitising the cars and minivans in-between tours, our drivers wearing masks, alcohol hand gel available for your use, tour itinerary adapted to visit monuments at quieter times. Full details can be found on our home page.
- All of our tours are private and we have a new programme of Wild Portugal tours in nature and rural areas, to maintain social distancing.
You May Also Like