Take a trip to the heartland of Alentejo on this Evora and Alentejo Tour. Explore the unique city of Evora, megalithic site, Almendres Cromlech and uncover organic olive oil and cork in rural Alentejo.
With quaint, cobbled streets and picturesque buildings, Evora is delightful to walk around and has many historical and unique sites. Climb the cathedral for wonderful views over the Alentejo countryside or discover the human skulls and bones embedded in the walls of the Capela dos Ossos! Enjoy a visit to a local olive oil grove where you will enjoy a specialised tour and tasting session and end the day at a local Cork Factory.
- – Evora city; a UNESCO World Heritage site, steeped in history
- – Megalithic settlement, Almendres Cromlech, set in beautiful countryside
- – Visit a stunning organic olive oil grove.
- – Discover the craft of cork at a large cork factory
- – Private driver/guide for stress-free travel
- Our Promise To You
- We always pick you up and return you to your hotel, airport or cruise ship in the Lisbon area. All of our cars and minivans are modern and comfortable. We offer luxury vehicles on request and all our drivers speak English, French, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Handpicked Itinerary of Evora and Alentejo Tour
- Tour Duration: 09.00 – 19.00
- Evora Cathedral – Founded in the early 12th century this is the largest medieval cathedral in the country.
Roman Templo de Diana – This temple is a symbol of the Roman occupation of Portugal. It was erected in the first century AD in honour of Diana, the Roman goddess of hunting.
Capela dos Ossos & Sao Francisco Church – This intriguing chapel has walls covered in bones and human skulls – a passage to Heaven of Hell – built by a Franciscan monk in the 16th century.
Almendres Cromlech Megathlic Settlement – Get fascinated with pre-history! This is the biggest megalithic monument in the Iberian Peninsula. Everybody has heard about the grand Stonehenge, in the UK. Well the Almendres monument is 2000 years older! It was built about 7000 years ago and is a quiet and beautiful site.
Amor e Cego – Set in wonderful countryside this olive oil grove and estate is a wonder to visit. Here you will enjoy an olive oil tasting experiences, produced from an organic olive grove planted by the owners grandfather. The olive used of the Galega variety is native from Portugal and from trees aged between 70 and 2000 years old. This is a unique and genuine experience, showing local culture and a way of life, perfect for those who appreciate olive oil, tranquility and nature.
Corticarte – Arte em Cortica – To end the day you may choose to either the tapestries in Arrialos or a working cork factory where you will learn all about cork! Including how the cork is harvested from the tree trunk and expertly crafted into many items.
- Personalise This Tour
- You may wish to adapt the tour itinerary above to suit you. If there is some place specific you wish to see which is not listed just let us know. We want to create your perfect tour!
- – Private driver/guide
- – Private vehicle, water, wifi and air-conditioning
- – Hotel pick and drop off
- – Live commentary
- – Free time to explore at each location
- – Personal and accident insurance
- – One free minor per two paying adults
- – Tour available in English, Spanish and Portuguese. French available on request
- – Entry tickets are not included
- – Lunch is not included
You May Also Like