Chase the BIG waves and experience surfing for the day at big wave surfing hotspot, Nazare.If you are staying in the Lisbon area and wish to surf some exciting waves, then this experience is for you. We take you to the location of Portugal’s biggest wave: Nazare. Put on the map by big wave surfers Garrett McNamara and Andrew Cotton, Nazare has an exposed beach break with reliable waves any time of the year. Even as a big wave location there are waves suitable for all levels., so you can take a surf lesson, or hire a board and wetsuit.
- – Visit legendary Big Wave Surfing location. the Portuguese fishing village of Nazare
- – Surf Nazare! Hire a wetsuit and board or take a surf class with a local school
- – Discover the local culture and Portuguese history of this surf hotspot but also a traditional fishing village
- – Ride the railway up the cliff face for some breathtaking views
- – Visit the famous Lighthouse, positioned right in front of where the huge waves breaks
- – Check out Surfers Wall in the surf museum, inside the fort
- Handpicked Itinerary of Nazare: Big Wave Surf Experience*
- Tour Duration 09.00 – 18.00
- Surf Session – When we arrive in Nazare it is your chance to hit the waves. Take a surf class with a local school, or hire surf equipment and surf alone.
Local Portuguese Restaurant – After your surf session knowing how hungry you will be, we take you straight to a tasty, authentic Portuguese restaurant for some fresh seafood and other speciality dishes.
Ascensor de Nazare – Your guide will then show you some of the fishing town of Nazare, and share some history along the way. You will head to the Ascensor de Nazare, which is a funicular railway and takes you up the cliff face to the top. Enjoy the ride and the amazing views!
Fort of São Miguel Arcanjo – High on the hill overlooking Nazare, this fort is where you will find the lighthouse you see in so many photos of big wave surfing. It is from this lighthouse that you have the best view of the wave. Inside, you can check out the surfing museum and the fabulous Surfers Wall. This is the perfect place to end the day and watch the sunset over the ocean.
- – Private driver/guide
- – Private vehicle with water, wifi and air-conditioning
- – Hotel pick up and drop off
- – Live commentary on board
- – Either a surf lesson with a local school or hire surf equipment
- – Free time to explore Nazare
- – Tour of Nazare, the Lighthouse and surf museum
- – Tour available in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- – Personal liability insurance
- Classic Portugal´s Covid 19 Protocol
- We will continue to implement preventative measures to protect your health and safety. These include sanitising the cars and minivans in-between tours, our drivers wearing masks, alcohol hand gel available for your use, tour itinerary adapted to visit monuments at quieter times. Full details can be found on our home page. All of our tours are private and we have a new programme of Wild Portugal tours in nature and rural areas, to maintain social distancing.
- You May Also Like