Discover a region of immense beauty on our private day tour to Arrabida, with wine tasting.
The Serra da Arrabida region, near the mouth of the Sado River, is where we are headed on this unique tour, just south of Lisbon. Ancient castles, secluded beaches, amazing views and regional wines all make for a relaxing and pretty diverse day!
- – Sightseeing tour, 9 hours
- – Enjoy a guided tour of a local, prestigious winery and house museum, with premium wine tasting session
- – Visit an ancient, sacred fort in Setubal and and a castle in Palmela
- – Wander through the streets of a quaint, picturesque fishing town, Sesimbra
- – Enjoy the dramatic mountain range of Serra da Arrabida
- – Visit the most westerly point of this region and enjoy a unique lighthouse and amazing views.
- Our Promise To You
- We always pick you up and return you to your hotel, airport or cruise ship in the Lisbon area. All of our cars and minivans are modern and comfortable. We offer luxury vehicles on request and all our drivers speak English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Handpicked Itinerary to Arrabida with Wine Tasting
- Tour Duration: 09.00 – 18.00
Jose Maria Da Fonseca Wines House Museum – Enjoy a guided tour of the Manor House, Museum, the beautiful gardens and the ancient wine cellars, followed by a premium wine tasting session including the Setubal Moscatel, the emblematic wine of this region.
Palmela Castle – Impressive and grand, with magnificent views over the town below and beyond. Inside the castle wall you will find the Igreja de Santiago church, a museum and the battlements.
Fort of Sao Filipe – Standing high above Setubal, this fort is one of the most notable landmarks of the region. After being restored it is now home to a five star hotel, but you can still wander the grounds and explore the battlements. The views are breathtaking.
Serra da Arrabida – A mountain range and natural park, with dense green vegetation, secluded beaches, dramatic views and ruins of castles and convents dotted along the way.
Sesimbra – A typical Portuguese fishing village. Walk along the Marginal next to the beach and taste the local speciality ‘Sour Toast.’
Cabo Espichel – The most western point of this region of Portugal. Discover the beautiful lighthouse, dinosaur footprints along the cliff, a hermitage and amazing sunset views.
Personalise This Tour
- You may wish to adapt the tour highlights above to suit you. If there is some place specific you wish to see which is not listed just let us know! We want to create your perfect tour.
- – Private driver/guide
- – Private vehicle with water, wifi and air-conditioning
- – Hotel pick up and drop off
- – Live commentary on board
- – Free time to explore at each location
- – Personal and accident insurance
- – Tour available in English, Spanish and Portuguese. French available on request
- – One free minor per two paying adults
- – Lunch is not included
- – Wine tasting and guided tour
You May Also Like